Hi Chris,
I get your point but I have really grown to dislike that phrase "Worse is
Better".  Worse is never better.  Worse is always worse and worse never reduces
to better under any set of natural rewrite rules. Yes there are advantages in
the short term to being first to market and things that are worse can have more
mindshare in the arena of public opinion.

"Worse is Better" sounds like some kind of apology to me.

cheers,
-David Leibs