> i've created a conversion of the official maru repo and uploaded it to github.

i'm also playing with maru, currently with two main goals in mind:

 1 extend the level of my understanding of it

 2 use this process to shape the project to be easier to approach for
   newcomers. then publish results with the hopes of integrating it
   into the official repo eventually.

and hereby i invite interested hackers to hang around on #fonc on
the freenode IRC server and combine our efforts. (irc details at:
http://vpri.org/fonc_wiki/index.php/Mailing_list)

as of 2, it'd first involve organizing the files and the build process
in a way that makes it obvious what are the relatively independent
subsystems (e.g. the files needed for the C bootstrapping), which
files are generated, which files are generated+edited+committed into
the repo (if there are then set up the build to gen+patch instead),
etc. then work towards, and as soon as reasonable port the build
process to maru.

next on the list would be setting up more serious unit tests, also
clearly separated. separating the tests also into mundane/interesting
so that people can look at the interesting part to help understanding.

other interesting projects later on: porting maru to ARM and playing
with stuff like this is: http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/FST-01 (an
ARM computer as a tiny usb stick). ultimately to replace/port projects
like gnuk, a PGP smartcard (http://www.fsij.org/gnuk/).

i'll do my best to optimize for most value provided using the least
attention from Ian.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39