On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 05:13, Vincent Hennebert<vhenneb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in a terminal. If it is not set to Sun’s jdk, you can set it like this:
>    sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun

Vincent, I don't understand the command.  I can trace the links back
to another javac.  My environment variables are:

JAVA_HOME=/opt/sun/java/latest
JAVABINDIR=/opt/sun/java/latest/bin

I can try to updated the links manually, but I'ld rather not.  This
appears as another piece of the java environment I'm not aware of.
What is "<jname>" supposed to refer to?  It's not a whole path, what
is the magic ID for a java installation? I''ll bet I have at least 10
around with various packages installed!

Thanks.

Regards,

-Tom