On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 05:13, Vincent Hennebert<vhenneb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I can build FOP without any problem on the same system (ok, jdk1.6.0_13
> instead of jdk1.6.0_14 but that shouldn’t change anything really).
>
> Are you sure you are actually running the Sun jdk? This is the usual
> trap on Debian-based systems. Run ‘update-alternatives --display javac’
> in a terminal. If it is not set to Sun’s jdk, you can set it like this:
>    sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun

That is all set now, but I still get the same errors.

Any more ideas?

Note that I cannot find directory "tools/com/sun/tools/javac" anywhere
on my system other than my build of the latest gcc.

See this message:

    [javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
    [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.comp.MemberEnter.visitVarDef(MemberEnter.java:609)

Thanks,

-Tom

P.S.  Would someone like a test docbook xml file to give fop -pdf a
good workout?