Juha Manninen wrote:

> IMO, the compiler should not force a programmer to make a 34 000 lines source
> file (like VirtualTreeView has). Programmer should have a choice to split it
> if he wants.

What about include files (used a lot in Lazarus LCL) ? You can e.g.
separate the interface part from the installation part into separate
files (which is standard in ANSI C by using .h files)

I use a C compiler (for 8 Bit PICs) that can't link at all. Here you do
a kind of "linking" manually by using a main file that includes
everything else.

GCC has an option to do a kind of "source code linking" by building a
huge source from all files that usually are linked as binaries and doing
a single compile process on that.

-Michael