Am 2016-11-22 um 17:59 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Inserting a blank line between the two blocks will treat themt
> differently with different indentation widths.

Yes. But sometimes I do not want to be forced to
insert a blank line just to achieve this and
sometimes I even want to align what is separated
by a blank line.

> If your file format supports comments,
> inserting a comment line between the two blocks will
> also work.

I tried a new file in JEdit (I don't know what format this has then)
but a line beginning with double backslash did not separate the blocks.
Even worse, it was taken as the first column of the whole block.