On 2017-03-11 02:35, Travis Siegel wrote:
> I've not priced them recently, so have no idea what it would cost to get
> one, but considering I get 25MBPS from my current provider for less than
> 100 bucks, I'm not complaining, since a standard T1 is only 1.54MBPS.

Here in the UK they have been trial'ing 1Gbps fiber-to-the-home
connections in a single town for a couple months now. The rate is
£30/month. I can't remember the exact upload speed, I think it was 100Mbps.

I currently pay £15/month for a mere 75Mbps, so I'll pay £30 for that
speeds with a smile. If this is what the future Internet in the UK looks
like, I'll be pretty happy.

Now the only thing remaining is for all ISP's to switch off IPv4 and
only use IPv6 (wishful thinking). My ISP already supports IPv6, which is
great. Hopefully when IPv6 finally picks up, they will stop charging us
the ridiculous amounts for static IP addresses.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/