On 2017-03-11 06:53, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2017-03-11 12:20, Marco van de Voort wrote:
In most Dutch cities too. I'm currently on 60/60mbps for 65 eur/month triple
play. (fullhd TV, internet, telephone landline).

VirginMedia has very good triple deals and download speeds. I used to
have 160Mbps down with full HD TV and phone for £30/month. Unfortunately
only a 1.8Mbps up-link.

With 1.8Mbps up link, that's roughly 0.2 mega bytes per second, so, if you run servers from your home that your customers access, what happens if someone downloads a 100MB file, or 10 users all at once do it? 0.2mega bytes for 10 people is not so fast.. then if you have 50 customers logging in, it just keeps cutting down the speed massively. Compare this to a shared web hosting account which can handle 100's of users at once and user still downloads files at high speed..

Conspiracy theory: they are all purposely limiting upload speeds so we don't run our own servers! They are the new world order, trying to stop us from building OUR own internet hosted from our homes :-)