On 2017-03-13 07:46, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> El 13/03/17 a les 00:15, Graeme Geldenhuys ha escrit:
> Basically, it's true that there's no real transition path: ipv6 is
> useless for servers since they cannot be contacted by ipv4 clients

The problem lies full heartedly with the ISPs as far as I'm concerned.
They are the problem and the bottleneck. They are the ones dragging
their feet.

Any web server software worth using supports both IPv4 and IPv6 for a
very long time already. All OSes worth using have been supporting IPv4
and IPv6 for over a decade.

If ISPs enabled IPv6 faster, then more companies and people can start
serving content via IPv6. Pretty soon, IPv4 would end up being legacy
and could be totally removed a few years later.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/