El 24/05/17 a les 13:02, Graeme Geldenhuys ha escrit:
On 2017-05-24 01:26, nore...@z505.com wrote:
line much, but it serves my need very well visually committing which
files I need, which IMO is faster and more productive than running 5
different commands on files I have to manually type in or keep pressing

Git includes as standard all the GUI tools you would ever need. Plus those GUI tools are available on all platforms that Git supports. So there is no retraining in different tools for each platform. eg: Tortoise Git is only available on Windows. So if you jump to OSX or Linux or FreeBSD, you need to learn a different tool.

Or use mercurial with tortoisehg (note:when I switched from cvs to mercurial, git was not available for windows, while mercurial was already stable and multi-platform. I cannot claim I understand mercurial fully, but at least I can use it for basic tasks with no surprises, while my experience with git is like https://xkcd.com/1597/)

Anyway, the standard git GUI tools...

   * git gui:  visually make commits, do branch management, selective
     line-by-line commits, pull, push, merge etc.

$ LC_ALL=C git gui
git: 'gui' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

Did you mean one of these?
        gc
        grep
        init