> On 2017-05-24 21:21, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > Even a limited change is already a massive operation, let's keep it
> > managable.
>
> So how large is the FPC team really? I'm talking about active developers
> on a day-to-day basis who have commit access to Trunk.

> So this definitely doesn't convince me that compiler development is so
> different to other projects. And definitely doesn't rule out that Git
> couldn't work, or that an improved workflow couldn't be applied (freeing
> up time in the long run).

You are mixing up your replies. I only excluded the Linux kernel as model
(since it was written to their workflow). BSD afaik still uses GIT, and like
LLVM experiments but haven't moved to GIT.

Actually infrequent committers make the change harder, since they spend a
higher percentage of their freetime on the move :-)