On 15/08/2012 13:55, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Wednesday 15 August 2012 14:49:04 schrieb Rainer Stratmann:
>> I would call this function rs( s : pchar ) because it has to be short.
>> if there is a rs() in the program the compiler stores the caller adress
>> (unique handle) and the pointer to the pchar in a list.
>
> If the pointer to pchar is unique then this one information will be already
> enough. That means the parameter s must be a constant text.

This question has long lingered in my brain just could not express it:

What happens in your program/translator, if the strings change their
physical/relative
 address?
For example if you add/remove units and rebuild.

For example if FPC internals decide to add or remove some padding in front
of the constants.

Will all your translation work go to waste ?

L.