Jonas Maebe wrote:
Bo Berglund wrote:
I have asked about this on the Pi forum instead, but I fear noone
(almost) over there use free-pascal so I have no high hopes.

The point is that this question is completely unrelated to Pascal or Free Pascal. It's a basic Unix/Linux usage question, which is independent of the used programming language. If you ask how to access "GPIO pins on RPi2 without root" on a Linux/Raspberry forum, any answer you will get will equally apply to FPC as to any other language. You already have the Pascal code to access the pins from the wiki, per a previous post of yours, so you don't have to mention FPC/Pascal at all.

You just mentioned that you don't like to subscribe to mailing lists because you already receive many mails. By posting mails on a list that are not really on topic, you make that exact same problem worse for other people that do prefer to use email rather than use a web or nntp interface.

FWIW, I agree and I'd like to apologise for making things slightly worse. However I was doing my best to help somebody who obviously still had problems, even though I anticipated that he'd eventually put himself in the position where I had no choice but to stop.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk