El 02/01/2017 a las 6:23, Mr Bee escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> There's someone accusing that Free Pascal (and some parts of Lazarus)
> is just a reverse engineering of Delphi. Even he said some codes of
> FPC/Laz are taken from Delphi (and Kylix). This is a serious allegation.
>
> I know that isn't true. Or is it? ;)
>
> Can anybody elaborate on this? I'd like to debunk the allegation but I
> don't know where to start and the evidence for it.

Well, I think it's evident  that Freepascal and lazarus tries to be
delphi compatible, and that means that must look close to delphi to
imitate it's behavior and syntax.

Is that reverse engineering? Well, I'm not a lawyer, I don't know where
"finding a similar solution for the same problem" ends and "Reverse
engineering" starts.
Nowadays it looks like painting a line is patented.

Nevertheless, as someone has pointed, Embarcadero hasn't make any legal
movement. Maybe because it thinks there is no legal base; or maybe
because it doesn't care that much and thinks it's not worth the bad
publicity.

--
Saludos
Santiago A.