> On May 29, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Anthony Walter <sys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm curious, what's the problem with fpc and loops? Also, from my OpenGL
> experience the limiting factor in speed (frames per second) is usually the
> pixel complexity and not whatever method is used to feed vertex data or
> shader uniforms.

It’s buried now but look at the “FPC Graphics options” thread from a few days
ago and spanning back weeks I think. After all that I still failed to get a
clear answer I could understand well but some poor loop optimization and
floating point division was causing a ray caster example written in Java to get
low single digit frame rates where the same code ran 40+fps in Java and C.
There seems to be some changes in FPC 3.1.1 but I’m not sure what changed. Some
one else may correct what I said but feel free to take a loop. Bottom line for
me is I’m nervous about loops in highly optimized low level code now but that
may be unfounded.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph