Petr,

I have noticed that the site mentions that transmission from the
reader to the computer is encrypted, some mention that this is
optional and the readers from DigitalPersona (the 4500 anyway) also
employ encryption, is this the general trend and does it make it
difficult for us to write drivers? I mean we would have to
reverse-engineer the code to decipher a proprietary encryption
protocol (I am not a cryptanalyst and I am unsure if I could reverse
engineer a relatively complex driver).

I do not have a 1660 so I cannot really try out your code but I have
purchased a Eikon scanner that incorporates the TCS4C reader, I will
try to get that working soon. I will, of course, submit my code here
for your perusal.

Keep up the good work, I wish you luck.

Benjamin.