OK,

So, I might not have a choice, and I might have to upgrade to FM2020, which
thrills me like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. I know that Framemaker
is now a subscription license, and I could go off on a big rant about that,
but. .  first question -what do you get for this subscription license - just
the privilege of being able to use Framemaker, or??? Adobe >>USED<< to
provide updates to Framemaker for perpetual license holders, so I am
assuming that updates are still supplied, but is there support of any type
whatsoever or is still the stalk, hunt and kill method between this list,
the forum, and googling searches to get what you need?  I just don't relish
the idea of paying over and over again and basically buying this software 3
times over during the time that I use it and I get no improved benefits.

Second, has anyone on this list ever used the publishing feature and
published an FM book to an output other than PDF - specifically HTML5? If
so, what did you like about it, what did you not like, etc? Were able to
successfully produce HTML5 w/ the customizations that you wanted? I have a
TON of questions about this feature, and of course, documentation about it
from Adobe is sparse and hard to find, but I definitely need to know more
for many reasons.

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com

www.spectrumwritingllc.com