Tammy,
FrameMaker uses the building block <$sectionnum> to number the section. I
am wondering what the reference page shows for the TOC list. If you see the
actions listed but not populating properly, you will likely have to edit
the Reference Page to emulate the format for the Chapter TOC entry. Go to
View>Reference Pages (it is toward the bottom of the menu).

You will see something that looks like this:

openXmlElementId <$relfilename>:<$UniqueXmlElementId>
<$RelativeXmlElementId>
openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType> <$ObjectId>
<$paratext> ................................<$chapnum>-<$pagenum>
<$paratext> ................................<$sectionnum>-<$pagenum>

Each of the <$paratext> lines references either the chapters or sections as
you perhaps set up to include in the TOC list. You may have to edit the
line for the Sections to get it to populate correctly and you may have to
add tabs to the TOC paragraphs to get them to carry the dotted leader line
from the text to the Page Number. Remember that you have to Update the book
after making any edits to the Reference page. It may take a few updates
before it is behaving correctly for you.

Good luck.

*Sincerely,*

*Gerard Conklin | Principal Technical Writer, **User/Operator Content &
Products** | Mission Systems*

*COLLINS AEROSPACE*

400 Collins Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52498 USA

*Tel:* +1 319 263 3173

*gerard.conk...@collins.com <gerard.conk...@collins.com>* |
*collinsaerospace.com
<http://collinsaerospace.com>*

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or
privileged information of Collins Aerospace and its affiliated companies.
If you are not the intended recipient, please 1) Do not disclose, copy,
distribute or use this message or its contents. 2) Advise the sender by
return email. 3) Delete all copies (including all attachments) from your
computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.