Oh yeah, I totally agree; we shouldn't need a third-party tool to do something
that should already be offered by the MyGov website. I understand that maybe
they didn't trust TOTP apps to support SHA512 hashes (I know that when I tried
with LastPass Authenticator, it just *ignored* the SHA512 bit and tried to use
the key with a SHA1 hash, resulting in the wrong code with no explanation or
error), but there are better options than *forcing* people to use an app like
this.

--
Regards,
Matt Cengia (he/him/his)