Hi everyone,

Just to let you know.

I managed to figure out how to update my pinephone pro to the latest kali
version, from which I could then figure out how to go to straight debian.
I've also updated the modem firmware and made a few mods to the modem
program.

Things now go a bit better, and I can now install anki, which I was
previously unable to do. I no longer have to cycle the internet to
receive mms add-ons, so that's improved. I still need to manually
update missed call text update, which I hope to do automatically.

I had to update my bluetooth scripts, as now it runs pipewire and
I can't use pacmd. However, I do have something working reasonably
well in terms of the bluetooth bone conduction headset - I can talk
using it. Both mic and "speaker" are on at the same time, but
because it is bone conduction, there's no feedback. My script
looks for phone + bt connection and does metaphorical pulseaudio
"wiring" to bring the bluetooth in.

It seems you can use the menu to bring in these bluetooth elements
during a phone call, but it does not seem to be automated, or that
you can set this and have it remember for the next phone call. My
script actually does this reasonably well, and I may eventually
run it through systemctl .

Perhaps the classic debian does this without issues, but one thing
at a time, I may well make that leap at some stage.

Cheers,

--
You can have my money, if you must - but not my identity.

John August, Permutations : https://johnaugust.com.au
             ttps://www.mixcloud.com/Johnorg/
             Vice-President, NSW Humanists - www.hsnsw.asn.au
             Pirate/Fusion Candidate: Bennelong 2016, Senate 2019, Bennelong
2021