On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 02:34:56AM +0200, Claude Buisson wrote:
> > FWIW, you can compile the svn binary elsewhere, statically linked, and
> > save the dependency problem by copying the resulting binary around.
> >

> Lucky people who have an "elsewhere".
>
> And the static binary is as much bloated than the dynamic ones.
>
> Compare it with this poor csup, which gave great services for a small price.

Agreed on all counts.

For what it is worth, my response was really geared with the mindset of
having a cluster of machines to administer, where having the extra
(sometimes unnecessary) dependencies of svn are not ideal and/or can
conflict with other software.

As mentioned in today's earlier announcement for 9.1-RC2, however, CVS
backporting from SVN will continue to be done for the stable/9 branch.

Hopefully that buys some time for svnup to become reality.

Glen