On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:42:21PM +0200, Claude Buisson wrote:
> I understood that. At a time I have been in that situation, but to be there I
> had to "sell" the use of FreeBSD at my $WORK, and started with a single
> machine
> and limited ressources. So the existence of a cluster even for people doing
> real
> production work with FreeBSD is not a given.

Fair enough point.

> > As mentioned in today's earlier announcement for 9.1-RC2, however, CVS
> > backporting from SVN will continue to be done for the stable/9 branch.
> >

> One of the starting point of this thread have been that according to cvsweb,
> there does not seem to have been any update of releng7, releng8, and releng9
> at
> least since October 5 or 6, which is confirmed by cvsup1.fr.freebsd.org (I
> have
> just done the test for releng8).
>
> So something is not working somewhere, and someone may ask "do somebody care
> about it ?"
>
> Sorry to have started so long a thread. I asked essentially the same questions
> about cvs/csup/mirrors, etc more than a year ago without real answer..

Sorry if your original email about the mirror went overlooked or
unanswered.

Can you please file a PR about cvsup1.fr ?  There are two immediate
issues regarding that:

 1.) I (personally) do not have a way to check on the status of that
 machine's syncing;
 2.) Some machines within the FreeBSD.org infrastructure are being moved
 around/upgraded/duct-taped, etc.  So, while thus far it has been
 minimal, user-facing issues may have occurred.  So, until all of the
 moving "things" around is done, a PR will be the best way to ensure
 your report does not further go unanswered.

Glen