Konstantin Belousov wrote:
The hangs are mostly related to snapshots. It would be better to
update to the latest RELENG_6.

Hangs on RELENG_6_1 is not so much interesting. For
hanged RELENG_6 system, please do what described below and post
the log of the ddb session.

I'm not sure whether kbdmux was MFCed into RELENG_6 (AFAIR, yes).
If you have it in your kernel, add the line
hint.kbdmux.0.disabled="1"
into the /boot/device.hints to make ddb usable.

After that, on the hang, enter ddb, and
do ps and tr <pid> for all suspected processes.
Better yet, add the following options to your kernel:

Since i don't have a serial console available and I'm not that knowledgeable with debuggers, would providing a fast download link to a core dump (I'm sure the dump would compress very well) be useful to anyone? Would someone be willing to spend the time to try and debug this?