I have a 'lil HP from around the year 2000.It had windows XP on it,with a 7
GB harddrive (It's a little netbook,which is why the HD is small).It used
to boot into FreeDOS perfectly (I would boot into a flashdrive and run
FORMAT /S on the HD).But,now,if I try to do that,it boots,with a bunch of
random ASCII characters on the screen.It will prompt me with ("Pr3ss F? $$!
0 cont1nu3").Only the F1 key works.And pressing it simply repeats the
message.Then again,the problem only started AFTER I installed GRUB (for
linux).When I formatted my HD,I think I may have forgotten to remove
GRUB.Because JUST before I boot,the blue screen of GRUB flashes and
disappears almost instantly.