Op 1 sep. 2015 02:47 schreef "Rugxulo" <rugx...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,

Hi! :D

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:53 AM, M Vrm <netraa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, I had sometimes problems.
> >
> > But the problems I had (I have FDBASECD.ISO) where: I was looking for
my USB (it
> > didn't support that) so I typed every drive letter I could imagine it
was
> > on. But that was not very handy. This is the error:
> >
> > " ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION OCCURRED
> > CS=0029 IP=8A53 SS=174C SP=368E DS=000 ES=174C
> >
> > EAX=00100008 EBX=0000003
> > ECX=000006CE EDX=000039
> > ESI=0000002 EDI=000014A5 EBP=000037A9
> >
> > Opcodes @CS:IP F0 75 03 E9 A8 04 83 7E
> >
> > Aborting program
> >
> > EMM386 - Unable to continue - please reboot="
> >
> > After the last "=" it where random number to fast to see.
> > After reboot just fine.
>
> Just FYI, "FDBASECD.ISO" is old (2006) FreeDOS 1.0 while latest is
> FD11SRC.ISO (2012). And even that is somewhat outdated nowadays. It's
> been a while since I tried, but I think 1.0 (2006) used old EMM386
> pre-Japheth's fixes, hence I'd recommend JEMM386 instead these days
> (if at all, I don't personally use EMS much and don't really need
> UMBs).
>
> http://freedos.sourceforge.net/software/?prog=jemm386
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/emm386/jemm386

Thanks! :)

> Part of the problem is bad settings or being overzealous on UMBs.
> IIRC, there was an ultra safe setting (in JEMM386) to try before
> anything else. Personally, I always remember "X=TEST I=TEST" being
> useful. I never used JEMMEX (HIMEMX + JEMM386) much. These days I only
> run HIMEMX, nothing else, unless forced. (JEMM386 can LOAD and UNLOAD
> at cmdline, if needed, so that's quite useful, even if it doesn't
> provide UMBs then, but at least you can use fake EMS for some old
> software and don't need to reboot.)
>
> > I pressed a key (no idea which one) and I got the answer "--"
(flashing) and
> > it was constantly beeping.
> > After reboot just fine.

"The flashing machine. " may I can call it like that.
This above was far before below.
With "after that" I mean the third and last error.

> > After that (now) I booted it up.
> > And I get the answer:
> >
> > "KERNEL.SYS KERNEL.SYS KERNEL.SYS KERNEL.SYS"
> >
> > It goes on with that until it filled the screen and then it goes further
> > with doing that.
> > After reboot not fine.
>
> If it's not okay after reboot, that means something was corrupted. You
> should probably run DOSFSCK and/or replace your system files (esp.
> kernel and shell), and see if that helps.

The last one. :)
I think that it didn't find kernel.sys because I'm not very cautious with
that thing and then I mean with software. He's old, and not old enough that
I am cautious enough. So it's my test machine. And the errors are very
funny.  (The "flashing machine" was very very funny. )

> http://freedos.sourceforge.net/software/?prog=dosfsck

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/chkdsk/dosfsck/

Thanks.
But i had a zip file named "ke174-" the "-" means that it is more but I
don't know what.  It didn't work. (Maybe you can something with that)
But anyway thanks for the link.

> > Now the laptop stands in a cupboard   (I mean something else but I don't
> > know how it is named. I also can't find it and I'm on my mobile and I
can't
> > look it up.  So if you want to know what I really mean translate (Dutch
> > English) "kast". Sorry for that)
>
> Presumably "chest" or "drawer". (Google Translate isn't much help.) Or
> did you mean a room like "closet"?

"Chest" = "kist" looks like it but it isn't the same.
Maybe the "drawer" is the good one.
Sorry for my English.

> > With a layer of dust waiting for an operating system (If you have one I
like
> > to hear :)   )

This was again my bad English.
Before "waiting" and after "dust" must stand the word "and".

> I hope it didn't have any crucial files (that aren't backed up).

What do you mean?

> A reinstall is easy, though. Do you have working CD or floppy drives?

I have on my laptop a working cd drive (that's how I installed it) but on
the desktop pc I have a floppy drive. But we had it about the laptop :).