Hi!

5-Июл-2004 23:03 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tom ehlert) wrote to "Arkady V.Belousov"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

te> where the hell are thge sources for these changes ??

     Lucho promise to place changed files from me on his site.

>> config.c
>> - config now parsed in 5 passes:
te> that's fine IF config.c fit's into buffers or you boot from disk.
te> else (if boot from floppy) that might become *SLOW*

     There was 3 passes, now 5. Not a big change, especially because on some
passes there will be other disk accesses (drivers, installs, shell). When I
test config.sys working (on floppy), for me this is enoughly fast. Of
course, my config.sys-es are much lesser than 10k (20 buffers are
preallocated before processing config.sys), but I don't think that you will
notice "*SLOW*" even on bigger config.sys.

     But what you propose else? 5 passes are _required_.