Hi Eric,

I can't reproduce a regression, although there is a bug with respect to MSDOS:

FreeDOS kernel build 2038 [version May 16, 2009 compiled May 16 2009]
Kernel compatibility 7.10 - WATCOMC - FAT32 support

D:\FREEDOS>finddisk fdos
no match

D:\FREEDOS>finddisk FDOS
echo Match on
E:

(i.e. it only works case sensitive!, unlike MSDOS) But this behaviour
is the same for the FD1.0 kernel and also kernel 2039

how to reproduce your exact problem?

cc-ing freedos-kernel as this shouldn't be private.

FYI, There have been quite a few internal changes between 2038 and
2039 (the far fnode removal operation).

Bart