Hi!

> Hello, new FreeDOS user here. Is there any way that I can get a Sound
> Blaster PCI 128 to work with FreeDOS? I've tried every method I could
> find on any forum anywhere.

> Also: Whenever I try to load the default "FreeDOS with EMM386+EMS and
> SHARE", EMM386 crashes when FDCONFIG.SYS gets to the line;
 > 123?DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\cdrcache.sys FDCD0001 CDRCACH0 12000

This probably means "it crashes as soon as you use much XMS or UMB".

Remember that FD EMM386 / JEMM386 / JEMMEX have a command line
option "SB" which enables compatibility with the SBPCI/SBLive!
driver quirks... Read the docs :-). Also you should use a fresh
JEMM386 (instead of EMM386 or JEMMEX) and compare to using only
HIMEMX (also www.japheth.de) because all EMM drivers can trigger
compatibility issues for which you would have to fine-tune the
EMM driver options - using no EMM driver at all can be easier.

Admittedly it might be required to load EMM drivers for SBPCI...

> If I keep MENU 2 from loading that line, it does not detect my
> CD/DVD drive at all. Any workaround?

It does detect it, but your SHSUCDX or MSCDEX command line
options explicitly say "use drive CDRCACH0". If you have no
cache loaded, you must tell SHSUCDX to use FDCD0001 directly.

Eric