Elrich2k3 schrieb:
>   Hello, new FreeDOS user here. Is there any way that I can get a Sound
> Blaster PCI 128 to work with FreeDOS? I've tried every method I could find
> on any forum anywhere.

PCI soundcards for SB legacy stuff are always more worse then ISA ones.
See here
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.SoundCardChip

You can download the drivers here
http://easymamecab.mameworld.net/html/snddosdr.htm (third party)
creative no longer offers downloading them

> Also: Whenever I try to load the default "FreeDOS with EMM386+EMS and
> SHARE", EMM386 crashes when FDCONFIG.SYS gets to the line;

Don't load share if you don't really need it.

> 123?DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\cdrcache.sys FDCD0001 CDRCACH0 12000

In DOS you won't have much fun installing as many drivers to get coolest
functions and most support. Load only as much as needed for the thing
you currently want to do. Otherwise you will ran into to less low memory
or in other strange incompatibleness.

> If I keep MENU 2 from loading that line, it does not detect my CD/DVD drive
> at all. Any workaround? I've tried JEMM386 as well, and get the same
> problem.

For playing legacy games create a minimal config. Load only HIMEM.EXE,
EMM386.EXE (most need EMM386, but the real old ones work only without),
ctmouse, cd-rom driver only when absolutely needed, shsucdx also only
when absolutely needed, path....

Start other drivers only when needed, otherwise you have to fight with
incompatibleness.

Regards,
-mr