Michael Reichenbach wrote:

> You can download the drivers here
> http://easymamecab.mameworld.net/html/snddosdr.htm (third party)
> creative no longer offers downloading them

Well I have it half-working. The MIDI/AdLib/Roland MT32 support works. The
Sound/Voice support does not. I've been working on it for 16 hours straight,
so I'm going to take a break.. so I'm going to sleep. I'll drop my
FDCONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT here, help if you can..

http://www.geocities.com/elrich2k3/FDCONFIG.TXT FDCONFIG.TXT
http://www.geocities.com/elrich2k3/autoexec.txt AUTOEXEC.TXT

And here's a list of the reports the various utilities in DOSDRV give me:

-------------------------
SBCFG.EXE
PCI Hardware:
 Port=DF00, IRQ=9

Sound Blaster 16 Emulation:
 Port=220, IRQ=5, DMA=1, DMA16=7

MPU-401 (General MIDI, Roland MT-32/LAPC-1) Emulation:
 Port=330, IRQ=5

AdLib Emulation:
 Port=388
-------------------------

-------------------------
SBTEST.EXE
Sound Blaster PCI Legacy Test Utility, Ver 4.34D.
 Detecting SB ...
 Opening SB driver ...
 Starting SB audio ...
 Press any key to run Digital Audio Test (Voice) ...
[It halted here...]

I'm using JEMMEX.EXE as I assume it takes less memory than both HIMEMX.EXE
and JEMM386.EXE, and I eventually want to find a way to load the CD drivers
also, as I intend to turn it into a Sierra/Lucasarts game machine.. but
right now I can't load the CD drivers without SBINIT.COM complaining. Any
non-essential files in AUTOEXEC.BAT that would free up enough memory to load
JEMMEX, the CD Drivers, and Sound Blaster PCI support?

And lastly, if I ultimately end up building a computer specifically with
this in mind, what ISA card is the best, if I intend to play everything from
Space Quest III to Full Throttle?