Karen Lewellen wrote:
> A question mainly for those who use dos  alone and purely on your
> machines. I am asking how you do large backup work yourself now? say
> 3 gig or so?

I have a couple suggestions for your consideration.

First, anyone who is doing anything serious with a PC needs this:
http://www.dfsee.com/
It works on DOS, OS/2, Win and Linux, and the CD boots FreeDOS.

The most powerful thing it does is fix confused HDDs; like lost
partition tables.  And the author will help.

It also does a bit-for-bit, drive-to-drive copy.  This is a pic of my
backup and storage box.
https://picasaweb.google.com/110720715566253280768/ScreenShots#5620366853489847778

It is connected to a LAN, but it is also the ultimate sneaker net.  All
my HDDs, on every machine, are front panel plugin.  Backup consists of;
plug in the HDD you want to copy, plug in a blank HDD at least as large
as what you want to copy, boot - the racks are hot swappable, the OSs
are not - , run DFSee, select the partition(s) or drive to be copied,
and go to lunch.

Restore just reverses the process.

Ray