There was, many years ago, a port of X Window from Unix to DOS, known as
X-Appeal.

One could download a crippled version or pay $199 for the full, working (?)
version.

I never tried it.

That was in the days before broadband internet was so widely available, and one
could buy a CD Set for Linux (such as Slackware) and FreeBSD, NetBSD or
OpenBSD, with working X Window, for less money.

So naturally, X-Appeal lacked sex appeal.  I think it was on SimtelNet.  Now
not a word in many years, so I assume it's dead.

I found information by Google search on
X-Appeal DOS software

I don't think one could run Linux or Unix software on X-Appeal, maybe just a
few small applications.

Tom