Hi,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

>>     For the Dell sound, its a chip soldered on the main board.
>
> You could check with PCISLEEP for DOS or LSPCI for Linux or any
> similar tool for Windows what chip it is.

Presumably by running "pcisleep l"?

http://ericauer.cosmodata.virtuaserver.com.br/soft/pcisleep-2005mar12.zip

IIRC, my old P4 says "Creative", but it didn't tell me enough to know
more than that. You'd have to search further online:

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if that directly helped me or not. I don't remember the
details, but my P4's card is apparently "SB Live!" (aka, EMU10k1),
which is not (directly) DOS friendly!

There are various "hardware detection" programs out in the wild, but I
just don't know which ones are any good. (I've been saying for years
that FD "UTIL"'s COMPINFO needs serious fixing.) Maybe this one is
still semi-reliable?

http://www.navsoft.cz/nssi060.exe
ftp://ftp.sac.sk/pub/sac/utildiag/nssi060.zip

Any better ideas?