[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rainer Clasen) wrote:
> Mitchell, Michael wrote:
> > I'm currently testing freeradius-snapshot-20020114 (configured as a proxy
> > only) on Solaris 8 and running into a problem.
>
> I'm seeing similar crashes with my patched 2002-02-11 version on Solaris
> 7.

  Hmm... I'm starting to think that this may *not* be a thread
problem.

>   simul_count = 0, simul_mpp = 0, finished = 1, options = 0
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

  The request has been marked 'finished', so NOTHING should be using
any entries of the request.  There should be NO threads or anything
else which is working with the request.

> Hmm, why is request->proxy == NULL?

  Because the request is finished, and many fields can be cleaned up.

> It is malloced in proxy_send() and never reset. rad_send(), whichis
> called a few lines before the crash doesn't seem to modify it too
> (well, actually it cant't, as it doesn't get a pointer to the
> pointer)

  Once an active request has been marked finished, then any logic
about what's supposed to happen goes out the window.

  The only thing I can think to do is to mark up the request as alive,
while a thread is processing it.  Then, add assertions that
request->finished isn't marked '1', while the thread is alive.

> I've seen the suggestion of running radiusd with -s. What side effects
> do I have to expect?

  It will probably be slower.  But it shouldn't be too serious in the
short term.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html