On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 02:19:26PM -0800, Scott Pell wrote:
> I am trying to load up the latest snapshot of FreeRadius, but I have
> been warned by FreeBSD developers to not run the released version
> because of the remotely exploitable buffer overflow security hole.

> Is there a patch that covers this?  If so, we can get guys to take the
> security hold off of the port.  If not, is there a timeframe to fix?

They seem to be warning you (from the quote below) not to run the
version of freeradius that's included in the FreeBSD ports.  And indeed,
20010310 is quite old.  I'm given to understand that the latest
freeradius release, 0.4, has a fix for the security hole in question.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer