Alan DeKok wrote:
Damjan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The FreeRadius default config file is pretty much complete and working
right out of the box. It's only that for some more advanced features the
admin *must* make some local changes.

Yup.

I've noticed that a lot of questions asked here are due to people not
having the patience to read the config file in full, or beeing confused
by options not relevant to te problem thay are trying to solve.

  If they're not willing to read the configuration file, then they're
probably not willing to read answers to their questions on the list.
See previous flamewars.

I propose a sollution to this, one that's easy to implement on one hand,
but will reduce the confusion some people have about configuring
freeradius: I think the config file should be split in several smaller
files, inculded by the main file (for ex. eap.conf, ldap.conf ...)
sql.conf is a good exaple how this actually works.

  I'm not sure that would help, and I don't see it as necessary.
Apache has one large http.conf file, and no one seems to have problems
with it.

Actually this is not entirely correct, at least not with vendor supplied versions of apache.
On SuSE Linux httpd.conf is actually split into about 6 different files, for standard config, vhosts, sslconfig, aditional modules etc

Having said that, radius.conf is significantly shorter than httpd.conf and I am not sure if the ldap config which is currently less that one screen long in vim (at my resolution) really warrants a separate file.

Cheers

Peter