Ok Bruce,

mris_convert has worked, but I have no idea what the numbers in the asc-file
might mean. Is there a chapter in one of the manuals which would tell me
about it?

I did the mris_convert with the complete rh.occip.patch.flat which is
not what I want but I assume it should work in the same way. Of course
I get a long file, about 40% of the file contains float coordinates
where the third coordinate is always 0.000000,
e.g. 9.62000 -37.419998 0.000000
the rest of the file has three integer coordinates for each voxel (??)
but the numbers have up to 6 digits,
e.g. 146214 146207 144544 ?!

If these are the voxel coordinates, which coordinate system is this?

Claus