Hi Felix,

if you want to create a slightly inflated surface, you can do it from the
command line via:

set sdir=$SUBJECTS_DIR/$subject/sur
set hemi=lh
set inflate_steps=1
mris_inflate -n $inflate_steps $sdir/$hemi.smoothwm
$sdir/$hemi.inflated_n$inflate_steps

the default for inflate_steps is 10, so 1  should be a pretty small
inflation.

cheers,
Bruce