Hi Folks,

When I convert and load images (from gelx, analyze, or brik format), the contrast and brightness are way off. In some cases the entire brain looks bright white. This creates a problem for segmentation edits because when I adjust the contrast for the auxiliary image (mri/orig) the main volume (segmentation) is adjusted, and actually disappears. What could be causing my images to be loaded with poor contrast/brightness? Is it a scaling problem? Is there a way to automatically adjust for this, say, using an environment variable?

thanks for any help.

brian

Brian C. Schweinsburg
UCSD