From: "Evelina Busa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "freesurfer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: contrast and brightness

> Hi Brian
>
> The tkmedit View--> Configure Brightness Contrast option allows you to
> configure the main and/or aux volume(s) to your liking.  I suppose you
> could set an environment variable once you determine to which degree you
> want the aux volume brightness reduced -- assuming this would be the same
> for all the subjects in your study.  Would this be the case, necessarily?
>

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Brian C. Schweinsburg wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > When I convert and load images (from gelx, analyze, or brik format), the
contrast and brightness are way off. In some cases the entire brain looks
bright white. This creates a problem for segmentation edits because when I
adjust the contrast for the auxiliary image (mri/orig) the main volume
(segmentation) is adjusted, and actually disappears. What could be causing
my images to be loaded with poor contrast/brightness? Is it a scaling
problem? Is there a way to automatically adjust for this, say, using an
environment variable?