Greig is correct. The --unwarp-gradient-nonlinearity option corrects for
the 3-D image distortions caused by departures from linearity in the
magnetic fields produced by the x-, y- and z- gradient coils. These
distortion patterns are specific to each scanner/gradient model (e.g.,
Sonata, Quantum, Allegra for Siemens scanners; SX, SmartSpeed,
EchoSpeed, etc, for General Electric scanners).

At present, we have implemented corrections for Siemens Sonata/Trio
and Allegra gradients, and plan to add other models as we obtain the
neccessary calibration info (from scans of a specially designed distortion
phantom, or, ideally, in the form of spherical harmonic coefficients for
each gradient model provided by the scanner manufacturer.)

Cheers,
-Anders
.
--
Anders M. Dale                                              email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

a.. SmartSpeed= 23mT/m
a.. HighSpeed Plus / EchoSpeed Plus = 33 mT/m.