On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Bob Thoma wrote:

> All,
>
> I've been having some difficulty with skull stripping, it doesn't appear to
> be removing enough.

Hello again,

Just a quick correction -- you'd want to increase the preflooding height
from its default of 25 if the skull strip isn't removing enough (sorry,
I'd misread that).  I would suggest starting with a -h 27, the higher the
number, the more non-brain tissue gets stripped.

Good luck!

I have tried changing the remove skull settings under
> expert preferences, but have had no luck.  I found a previous email with a
> similar problem. Bruce, I believe you replied as such:
>
> are you using a talairaching procedure? If so, please check that it worked
> properly. If it fails, everything after it fails as well. Please also check
> your T1 volume by bringing it up in tkmedit. The vast majority of the white
> matter should have an intensity of exactly 110. If this is not the case,then
> the intensity normalization didn't work properly, possibly because of a
> talairach failure, or for some other reason. The segmentation itself usually
> works pretty well, so I suspect that it is one of the previous steps that is
> causing you problems.
>
> cheers,
> Bruce
>
> I have two questions, one, how can i check to see if the talairaching
> procedure worked properly or how to not run the talairaching procedure.
> Second, where do I locate the white matter intensity that you stated to be
> 110.
>
> Or if anyone has any other suggestions, I would be grateful.
>
> Thanks
> Natalie

Evelina