> No, it's evident that both are glitchy. You can't arbitrary say
one renderer but not the other does it "quite well" when both have many
errors. They are both extremely glitchy, and that's exactly the
implementation nightmare.    There is an international agreed ISO standard,
ISO 14496-22, currently at its 4th edition, about fonts. It is quite possible
to say one renderer is more compliant than another. So yours is broken, and
more broken than others. That's quite evident.  I fixed some bugs in a
development version, which would make the 2.0 version of TD renderer
significantly more accurate than 1.0.  i.imgur.com i.imgur.com  I also made
sure to research how dropout control works and implement much more accurate
rules than in TD renderer 1.0. So the FreeType guys should fix the bugs in
their rasterizer as well.