On Monday, 18 May 2020, 02:38:24 GMT+8, piotrunio-2...@wp.pl
<piotrunio-2...@wp.pl> wrote:

> > You showed a few fontforge-generated screenshots, which shows good
> > agreement between fontforge and Microsoft rendering. If you think they are
> > not good enough, fontforge's github tracker is the place to report it.

> It's by no means a good agreement because it's not pixel-for-pixel identical.
> In fact, many pixels differ; this is called extremely glitchy and requires
> several bugfixes to get it fixed. And FontForge has nothing to do with how
> FreeType itself renders, nor does there exist a more accurate mode than the
> already existing bilevel mode that's extremely glitchy.

There is a bilevel mode in ft2-demo, and you can also switch to v35 to match
Microsoft better in ft2-demo, from the default v40. I told you so, many emails
ago, in my first reply.

If you feel that you know fontforge and freetype well enough to tell which is
fontforge and which is freetype, I have nothing more to say on that. Sigh.