At that same session, I was going on about the Kochen-Specker theorem,
asking for references, on the basis of Baez's comment about it in "This
Week's Finds" at http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/week257.html. He was
discussion some ideas around the concept of a "topos":

"It basically means this: using topos logic, we can talk about a
classical space
of states for a quantum system! However, this space typically has "no
global
points" - that's called the "Kochen-Specker theorem". In other words,
there's
no overall classical reality that matches all the classical snapshots."

Since I'd been thinking about locality and structure lately (thus the
interest in topoi), that statement seemed kind of remarkable to me, so
after asking around I finally got around to looking it up.

Wikipedia had little to say, but the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
had a nice discussion:
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/kochen-specker/#intro

Anyhow, based on Nick's intro, parts of that discussion now look germane
(situated equivalence!) to this discussion.

Carl