Hi Alejandro,

The best language for ABM is the one you know. :-)

BTW, a few years back we did an ABM-like php script that laid out labels in a
scatterplot to minimize label overlaps. You can see examples of the script
running with optimized and non-optimized versions here:
http://www.redfish.com/projects/BostonLearning/rfGraph/examples.html

The .php code is attached and support files can be downloaded from here: