Steverino,

I guess it depends on what your definitions of trees vs. forests are, as
pertains to my particular interest areas.

In order to develop a viable set of requirements for any given simulation
project, one must be able to perceive the top level view, as well as being
capable of translating it into tree-sized chunks to be designed and
implemented, which when running in a functional simulation will address the
top-level requirements.

On the other hand, top (top, top, top) level views which result in such
profound observations such as

   - Order matters, or
   - Complexity is, or
   - Taxonomies exist

rarely hold much interest for me, unless they make the job of designing
functional complex systems easier.

--Doug