Interesting.  Other issues that will come to play with an ABM of the
intended scales you describe are synchronization of the various asynchronous
distributed components, message passing latency, and message passing
bandwidth.  Hopefully a course-grained sync & message passing design can be
developed, because http is not good for either latency or bandwidth (using
Myrinet or Infiniband for comparison).

--Doug

Doug Roberts
drobe...@rti.org