On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Douglas Roberts <d...@parrot-farm.net> wrote:
> Interesting.  Other issues that will come to play with an ABM of the
> intended scales you describe are synchronization of the various asynchronous
> distributed components, message passing latency, and message passing
> bandwidth.  Hopefully a course-grained sync & message passing design can be
> developed, because http is not good for either latency or bandwidth (using
> Myrinet or Infiniband for comparison).

Yeah, I'm not thinking this would be used for a single large-scale ABM
for exactly the synch issues you describe.

This would be more for authoring and deploying many smaller-scale
applications written with an agent-oriented perspective. What Dave
West talks about when he refers to how object-orientation was
originally conceived not how current object-oriented programming is
done. This is close to what Smalltalk/Seaside looks like but probably
implemented within Javascript.

-S
--

stephen.gue...@redfish.com