So, Doug, explain to me how you come to believe in the validity of
induction?

From: friam-boun...@redfish.com [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf
Of Douglas Roberts
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 2:43 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Just as a bye-the-way

So, for reference:  a 2X intelligence delta that we have all probably
experienced, perhaps without knowing it, would be from talking with a person
who had an IQ of 70, followed by engaging with a person having a140 IQ.

I will ignore quibbles about the accuracy of IQ as an intelligence measure
for the purpose of this discussion.

I suspect the less intelligent person truely believes the religious dogma
he's been taught.  No ambiguity: true belief.

I've observed that the more intelligent people put part of their intellect
to sleep when it comes to religion.  They call this process "taking it as an
article of faith" when one of the irrational elements of their religion is
brought into the spotlight.

So the question that I would have, were we all to suddenly evolve 2X
intelligence is: to what extent would we collectively be willing to suspend
our intelligent thought processes in order to continue to believe religious
bullshit?

Working from my phone today...

-Doug

Sent from Android.